thrulay-users - Re: We are trying to install thrulay at in2p3...

Subject: Discussion list for thrulay, a network testing tool

Re: We are trying to install thrulay at in2p3...

  • From: stanislav shalunov <>
  • To: "Logg, Connie A." <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: We are trying to install thrulay at in2p3...
  • Date: 03 Nov 2005 18:08:29 -0500

"Logg, Connie A."
<>
writes:

> And here is what happens...
>
> ccsvsn04:tcsh[57] pwd
> /home/cottrell/thrulay-0.8
> ccsvsn04:tcsh[58] ./configure
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... cc
> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
> cannot create executables
> ccsvsn04:tcsh[59]
>
> I have looked on the web but do not find this exact error. There are
> some similar ones, but not this one.
>
> DO you have any suggestions for me?

Connie,

Is this Solaris? Looks like you either have no GCC, or that it's
stashed away somewhere not in the path. Can you type ``gcc
--version'' and see if it finds the executable? If it doesn't, but
you know that GCC is there, you might need to set your path to include
the needed directory.

--
Stanislav Shalunov http://www.internet2.edu/~shalunov/

Antibiotics comprise 2% of cow feed in U.S. feedlots, by weight.

  • Re: We are trying to install thrulay at in2p3..., stanislav shalunov, 11/03/2005