Subject: SIP in higher education
- From: "Walt Magnussen" <>
- To: <>, <>
- Subject: Sip.edu workshop
- Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:27:45 -0600
VoIP SIG and SIP.edu members,
This is notice that we will be holding a SIP.edu workshop in February
at the Joint Techs meeting in sunny Minneapolis Minnesota. This is the
fourth time that we have done the workshop and it has been well received
in the past. Being a native Minnesotan this will be a fun trip home
for me. The ITEC is supporting the workshop and participants will learn
about the latest is SIP technology, will configure a SIP Proxy, learn
about gateways, configure SIP clients and do many other fun activities.
This is a separate workshop at the end of the Joint Techs meeting so
it requires a separate registration. The workshop will be Wednesday PM
and all day Thursday on the 14th and 15th of February.
Registration will begin on the Internet2 web page within the next
day or two. The agenda is:
Wednesday, February 14
* 1:00 * 1:30 pm Introductions and Workshop objectives
(remote Video from MIT)
* 1:30 * 2:30 pm SIP basics
* 2:30 * 2:45 pm Break
* 2:45 * 3:45 PM Sip.edu architecture
* 3:45 * 4:00 pm Proxy and Registrar overview
* 4:00 * 5:00 pm Hands on Proxy Configuration (group
Thursday, February 15
* 9:00 * 9:30 am Gateway configurations
* 9:30 * 10:30 am LDAP Directory Integration
* 10:30 * 10:45 am Break
* 11:00 * 12:00 am Finish Proxy configurations (group
* 12:00 * 1:00 pm Lunch
* 1:00 * 1:45 pm Security, Session Border Controllers
* 1:45 * 2:30 pm Introduction to SIP clients
* 2:30 * 2:45 Break
* 2:45 * 3:15 pm SIP client configuration (group
* 3:15 * 3:45 DNS integration into Sip.edu
* 3:45 * 4:15 VoIP Industry status
* 4:15 * 4:45 SIP.edu project (remote video from MIT)
* 4:45 * 5:00 Wrap up
Registration is limited to the first 35 participants so register soon.
Hope to see you soon.
Walt Magnussen Ph.D.
Director for Telecommunications, Texas A&M University
- Sip.edu workshop, Walt Magnussen, 01/09/2007
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.