sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] more proxies SIP with SER

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] more proxies SIP with SER

  • From: Steve Blair <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] more proxies SIP with SER
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 05:11:12 -0400

Shenen Shenen wrote:

Hi!I've a question:
Can I set more proxies for my softphones and IP phone with SER;
This is my problem;
I'm using the following softphones;Phoner,Cubix,3CX-phone, Gizmo,sjphone.
Like phone,I'm using;Cisco IP phone 7960(I think I can put more proxies), UTstarcom F1000 (wi_fi), Ray Talk (wi-fi);
My problem is:I'm using 2
asterisk@home
box, with vrrp protocol;
vrrp works in this way; you have 2 real IP, one for one asterisk@home , the other one to the other asterisk@home; with vrrp, you set who is the master and the slave of the 2, and put one priority for the 2, and one virtual IP; virtual IP point to the master, if master falls down the slave rise and take the controll,if the master rise up, it takes the controll;
I put like proxy the virtual IP, but the proxy is pointed to the master IP (at the first time) and all softphones or wi-fi, are registered to the master; if the master falls down, calls point to the slave(I see this with ethereal) but the SIP are all register only in the master(becouse the vrrp point to the master at the first time)...So my problem is to register the softphone..the SIP to all 2 asterisk@home ;

It sounds to me that the real problem is how to replicate authenticated registration requests to your second Asterisk box. I think registering to the second box would defeat the purpose of using VRRP wouldn't it?

-Steve

I've installed X-lite and X-Pro (where I can set multi proxies) with 2 different number in the SIP,(for example 650 and 651) if I run asterisk -R I can see asterisk verbose;if the master falls down the calling pass to the other, and if rise up come back to the master,so vrrp is very ok;
My problem is the others softphones.....So how can I register more proxies with SER for my SIP?

I do not understand that last sentence. If you have multiple SER proxies then use the replicate module to copy register requests to your backup proxy after authenticating the request.