sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Polycom SIP phones?

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Polycom SIP phones?

  • From: Arthur Gaylord <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Polycom SIP phones?
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 17:37:11 -0400

Alan,

It was a while ago, at least 2 years, and I don't remember all the details. More importantly it may very well have changed by now. As I remember it you could use tftp to change some but not all the parameters on a Polycom phone. It may have also been that you couldn't trigger software updates automatically. In any case, I most definitely do not want to claim that there are mass deployment issues with them now. I only meant the comment in the context of why we didn't end up considering them for use at WHOI.

I have been thinking of looking at the new Polycom phone, IP 430, although at the moment am more focused on deploying the 1200 Snom 360s that we already have. About 650 of them are in use now as we have nearly 1/2 of WHOI converted to VoIP.

Art