sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] looking for book recommendations on SIP

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] looking for book recommendations on SIP

  • From: Arthur Gaylord <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] looking for book recommendations on SIP
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:51:45 -0500

I find that the OpenSER documentation and tutorials on their site is as good as it gets for specifics, although that is still pretty bad. Another good repository of info is http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/ I've yet to find a book that I really like on SIP. The ones already mentioned and are good starters but the gap from them to getting a real system running beyond toy mode is pretty wide.

I took at look at the SIP.edu SER cookbook and the only thing that I see that NEEDS changing is that all the "break;" need to get converted in to "return;" There are some other changes from SER to openSER but I didn't spot any of them used in the examples. This is based upon a quick look and the experience of just converting our SER config file to openSER, so it is possible I've missed something. There is new functionality in OpenSER that isn't covered in the example, but that isn't critical or invalidate this example.

The only other necessary changes in the cookbook should textural reference to SER and their web site. Oh, I'm not sure about serctl as I don't use it very much.

Art