sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Startup Woes

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Startup Woes

  • From: Candace Holman <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Startup Woes
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:56:41 -0400

John,

You can address the presence-related issues to , I cc'd them here. As I mentioned during our quick test, pals-dev is configured for use with version 3004w of the Eyebeam 1.1 client. The version you are running (3010n) has changed the presence interpretation, so it won't currently work the same as 3004w does with pic-ser code on pals-dev. If you can downgrade to 3004w, I can all but guarantee that you will see presence.

From what I recall, you were seeing my presence change, but the 3010n client is not displaying the color/appearance of the avatar.

Candace

wrote:

Greetings All,

I hope to get some help from the group.

Prior to setting up a proxy here and actively participating in sip.edu, I
am trying to get my user-side setup in order so that I do not have to deal
with it later. I have a licensed copy of eyeBeam 1.1 - both a Windows
platform and on a Mac. I have registered as
.
The client (eyeBeam) _seems_ to be happy.

I believe that presence does not work as expected. Is there any
non-intuitive setting that I should be aware of?
Is there a user (real or fictional) who in online all of the time? Is
anybody willing to try and call me?

Thanks -
John

John Stier
Director, Telecommunications & Networking (TeLNeT)
Division of Information Technology
Stony Brook University
Phone: 631-632-8017 Fax: 631-632-2174