sip.edu - Startup Woes

Subject: SIP in higher education

Startup Woes

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Startup Woes
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:31:22 -0400

Greetings All,

I hope to get some help from the group.

Prior to setting up a proxy here and actively participating in sip.edu, I
am trying to get my user-side setup in order so that I do not have to deal
with it later. I have a licensed copy of eyeBeam 1.1 - both a Windows
platform and on a Mac. I have registered as
.
The client (eyeBeam) _seems_ to be happy.

I believe that presence does not work as expected. Is there any
non-intuitive setting that I should be aware of?
Is there a user (real or fictional) who in online all of the time? Is
anybody willing to try and call me?

Thanks -
John

John Stier
Director, Telecommunications & Networking (TeLNeT)
Division of Information Technology
Stony Brook University
Phone: 631-632-8017 Fax: 631-632-2174