sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow - 8/11

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow - 8/11

  • From: "Walt Magnussen" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Weekly SIP.edu Call Tomorrow - 8/11
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:25:30 -0500

Candace,

This is a question of is the change evolutionary or revolutionary. If
revolutionary is the answer than we can ignore the E.164 faction. I view it
as more evolutionary which would lend itself to a transition plan.

It is great that you, on the other hand, reminded us all that we should
not forget our roots and the original vision.

Again, just an opinion (although somewhat on both sides of the fence).

As always, your insight is great.

Walt

Walt Magnussen Ph.D.
Director for Telecommunications, Texas A&M University
phone 979-845-5588
cell 979-777-0999
fax 979-847-1111
email

>>> Candace Holman
>>> <>
>>> 8/10/2005 10:16 AM >>>
Hi all,

I know this is not going to be a popular opinion, but I just want to go
on the record as an opponent of SIP.edu by Numbers. I haven't said
anything thus far because it seemed to be a topic that inspired happy
group participation.

I think SIP.edu by Numbers cause more problems than it solves, and that
we are moving backwards by spending so much effort converging SIP
dialing with classical telephony dialing.

Candace