sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] More on my ENUM todo

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] More on my ENUM todo

  • From: Duane <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] More on my ENUM todo
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:16:59 +1000

David Paul Zimmerman wrote:

> - E164.org (http://www.e164.org/)
> - Stealth VPF (http://www.thevpf.com/?action=enum)

The main difference between our enum registry and Stealth's is the we
publicly allow anyone to access our zone, so far we have about 250,000
numbers not including toll free numbers in about 10 to 15 accounts...

We are also trying to encourage as many
people/companys/universities/anyone to list themselves, we're tired of
paying phone companies, especially in Australia, once for DSL and again
for the phone call, if only I could get decent cable...

For those maintaining a large number of numbers we have special sections
on the website to maintain these with regexp's etc, so with a few lines
in our DB you end up listing all your entries...

--

Best regards,
Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
but the optimist has a better time on the trip."