sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Distributed Universal Number Discovery (DUNDi)

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Distributed Universal Number Discovery (DUNDi)

  • From: Duane <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Distributed Universal Number Discovery (DUNDi)
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:45:51 +1100

William Caban wrote:

of the users. What I actually liked about DUNDi was the ability to aggregate numbers in a central location just like a "routing table" for telephony, now, I'm thinking more in a close system (lets say a University or a Corporation or an organization) where "trust" can be achieve with more control, and from there do Enum.164.

The same thing can be setup using a private inhouse enum zone as well, so while it might be more widely supported in future, relying on that to happen could leave you with headaches down the road if it isn't. At this point in time you can throw a lot of zones at most things that support enum because they were designed with public/private zones in mind...

--

Best regards,
Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
but the optimist has a better time on the trip."