sip.edu - Next SIP.edu Workshop--at VON, Boston (Oct 18-21)?

Subject: SIP in higher education

Next SIP.edu Workshop--at VON, Boston (Oct 18-21)?

  • From: Ben Teitelbaum <>
  • To: "SIP.edu" <>
  • Subject: Next SIP.edu Workshop--at VON, Boston (Oct 18-21)?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:24:28 -0400

At the Philly workshop, there was a lot of interest in a follow-on
workshop. Some folks suggested that the next workshop be more
hands-on and last at least a day and a half to allow folks who have
traveled from afar to have at least one evening for informal
socialization with colleagues.

The good folks at Pulver.com, who become Internet2 members next week,
have offered to host an Internet2 workshop in conjunction with a VON
(http://www.pulver.com/von/). Attendees from Internet2 regular
members (i.e. universities) would be offered a steeply-reduced
registration rate for the full VON program.

Within the busy program of VON, we probably could not squeeze a 1.5
day workshop. We could, however, easily do a half-day workshop with
informal time during lunches and evenings for info-exchange and
socialization. And, there would be the benefit of the
usually-excellent VON program and the crowd it attracts.

Should we...

A) Accept the Pulver.com offer and work to plan a half-day SIP.edu
workshop at Fall VON 2004 (Boston, Oct. 18-21); OR

B) Begin planning a distinct 1.5-2.0 day SIP.edu workshop to be held
sometime in the Fall at an as-yet-undetermined location?

-- ben