sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Draft Agenda for First SIP.edu Implementors Workshop

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Draft Agenda for First SIP.edu Implementors Workshop

  • From: "William Jahsman" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Draft Agenda for First SIP.edu Implementors Workshop
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:46:53 -0600

Ben,

Sorry that we can send only regrets for this one. Will there be an audio
bridge?

Bill Jahsman
Director, Network and Communication Services
University of Utah
801-585-3047

>>> 6/10/2004 2:31:21 AM >>>
A revised draft agenda for the workshop next week is now on the web
site [1]. For your convenience, it's also pasted below. We invite
your comments and suggestions.

-- Your Friendly Program Committee (Dennis Baron, MIT; Steve Blair,
University of Pennsylvania; Alan Crosswell, Columbia University;
Ben Teitelbaum, Internet2; Garret Yoshimi, University of Hawaii)

1. http://voip.internet2.edu/SIP.edu/200406-workshop/

DRAFT AGENDA
First SIP.edu Implementors Workshop

* Welcome (30 min)
o Welcome to Philly, logistics, etc. [Steve Blair]
o Workshop goals and agenda review [Dennis Baron]
o SIP.edu in Context [Ben Teitelbaum]

* SIP.edu Overview (30 min)
o Project goals and status [Dennis Baron]
o SIP.edu Cookbook goals, status, next steps [Dennis Baron]

* Roundtable introductions [Dennis Baron (moderator)] (45 min)

* Campus Deployment Experience Reports (90 min)
o Yale University [Jeremy George]
o University of Pennsylvania [Steve Blair]
o Columbia University [Alan Crosswell]
o MIT [Dennis Baron]
o Penn State [Phil Coolick] (unconfirmed)
o University of Hawaii [Yul Pyun]
o Harvard University [Candace Holman] (unconfirmed)

This will be a moderated discussion with Q&A throughout, seeking to
identify common proxy and gateway configuration and campus
directory integration issues [Dennis Baron]

* UA Registration (45 min)
o FWD Experience [Jeff Pulver] (unconfirmed)
o Moderated Discussion: What are the technical concerns? How do we
get from "sandbox" trials to production campus services? [Ben
Teitelbaum / Dennis Baron]

* Lunch (60 min)

* SIP spam (45 min)
o The gathering storm [Ben Teitelbaum]
o Survey of anti-spam approaches [Ben Teitelbaum]
o Authenticated Identity Draft (draft-ietf-sip-identity-02)
[Jeremy George]
o Moderated Discussion: How do we prepare? [Ben Teitelbaum]

* Peering - motivations and policy issues (45 min)
o Background and university perspective [Dennis Baron]
o Moderated Discussion: Do we need a SIP.edu community routing
policy? [Dennis Baron]

* E164 - calling by the numbers (45 min)
o Background / motivation [Dennis Baron]
o ENUM tutorial [Dennis Baron]
o ENUM deployments [Jeff Pulver or Chris Celiberti]
o Reverse SIP.edu - reaching SIP.edu URIs from legacy phones [Ben
Teitelbaum]

* Wrap-Up
o Other next steps