sip.edu - Re: [sip.edu] Agenda (VERY EARLY DRAFT) - Comments Appreciated!

Subject: SIP in higher education

Re: [sip.edu] Agenda (VERY EARLY DRAFT) - Comments Appreciated!

  • From: Steve Blair <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [sip.edu] Agenda (VERY EARLY DRAFT) - Comments Appreciated!
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 07:59:26 -0400

Ben:

This looks good. Do you want to collect this material in advance and
put it on one web site or one one laptop so we have a single continuous
presentation or should each presenter bring their own "media".

-Steve

Ben Teitelbaum wrote:

* Welcome o Welcome to Philly, logistics, etc. [Steve]
o Workshop goals and agenda review [Dennis or Ben]

* SIP.edu Overview
o Project goals and status [Dennis]

* Roundtable introductions
o Why are you here?
o What do you hope to get out of today / SIP.edu?
o Is SIP regarded as strategic on your campus? If so, why?

* Campus Deployment Experience Reports
o Yale [Jeremy]
o UPenn [Steve]
o Columbia [Alan]
o MIT [Dennis]
o Penn State [Phil] (unconfirmed)
o U. Hawaii [Yul] (unconfirmed)

o Moderated Q&A throughout, seeking to identify common proxy
and gateway configuration and campus directory integration
issues [Dennis]

* Directory Best Practices
o [TBD (Renee Shuey?)]

* Lunch

* SIP spam o Motivation [Ben]
o Survey of anti-spam approaches [Ben]
o Background review of SIP authentication standards (e.g. digest,
TLS) [Ben]
o Authenticated Identity Draft (draft-ietf-sip-identity-02)
[Jeremy]
o "Shibbolized SIP" [Ben?]
o Moderated Discussion: How do we prepare? [Ben]

* Peering o Background / motivation [Dennis]
o Free World Dialup Proposal [Jeff or Chris]
o Moderated Discussion: Do we need a SIP.edu community routing
policy? [Dennis]

* E164
o Background / motivation [Dennis]
o ENUM/TRIP/... tutorial [Dennis or Tyler]
o Reverse SIP.edu - reaching SIP.edu URIs from legacy phones [Ben]
o Moderated Discussion: Do we care? [Dennis]

* UA Registration
o Background / motivation: SIP.edu as a foundation for
better-than-POTS communication [Ben or Dennis]
o FWD design [Jeff?] (unconfirmed)
o Moderated Discussion: What are the technical concerns? How do
we get from "sandbox" trials to production campus services? [Ben or
Dennis]

* Wrap-Up
o SIP.edu Cookbook - what's needed; next steps [Dennis]
o Other next steps

--
ISC Network Engineering
The University of Pennsylvania