shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] derefAliases broken in 2.2.x

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] derefAliases broken in 2.2.x

  • From: Dan McLaughlin <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] derefAliases broken in 2.2.x
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 01:07:23 -0500

Hi Daniel,

What allowed me to get past the invalid credential error in vt-ldap
3.3.3 was to revert...

"1877 4/5/11 9:42 AM 4 dfisher SearchResult#getName() returns a
string
representing a composite name, not necessarily an LDAP DN. Use a
CompositeName to parse it correctly. Add test case for entries with
special characters. Fixes vt-ldap 109."

There was a problem parsing the fqdn url and then things died from
there... I didn't spend too much time trying to figure out why b/c I
have to get IdP 2.3.0 up and running by the morning.

Dan McLaughlin

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. The contents of
this e-mail are confidential and may be subject to work product
privileges. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Daniel Fisher