shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] online attack resistance for UserPassword

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] online attack resistance for UserPassword

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] online attack resistance for UserPassword
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 18:17:12 -0400

For the CAPTCHA, I guess it depends on how exactly you'd do that.
I've seen systems that always display a random image, every single
time you need to log in, and then just do a very simple check. That
could be added to a login handler.

However, I've seen far more advanced setups as well, things where the
image isn't exactly random (it's based off some text you give when you
set up your account) or only shows up under certain conditions. In
those cases, this really has to be part of your authn service. If it
is then you need to figure out what the best way is to integrate your
particular authn service with the IdP. But none of that would be
standard in any fashion so whatever you do would be a one-off
extension.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 17:41, Leif Johansson

--
Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz