shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] image size on a web page

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] image size on a web page

  • From: Peter Schober <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] image size on a web page
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 03:26:38 +0200

* Tom Scavo
<>
[2011-05-24 23:18]:
> So it seems we need a minimum height. What should that be? If I had
> to guess, I'd say 100 pixels.

The IdP says 64 (default src/main/webapp/orig/login.jsp and
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/IdPMDUIRecommendations)
for SP logos.

The EDS recommends 60 for the default logo (when the IdP has none is
in the md) in the wiki
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/EDS10/3.+Configuration
and comes with a default configuration of 80 in the rpm distribution.

But IMO this is a topic for REFEDS now, not a software development
topic. The software can handle most scenarios already, it seems.
-peter