shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] custom LoginHandler accessing SP entityID

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] custom LoginHandler accessing SP entityID

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] custom LoginHandler accessing SP entityID
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 20:24:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 5/12/11 3:37 PM, "Jeffrey Eaton"
>I tried cloning the RemoteUser login handler, but I can't find a way to
>get the entityID in RemoteUserAuthServlet. In RemoteUserLoginHandler,
>that's available by doing:
>
>HttpServletHelper.getLoginContext(httpRequest).getRelyingPartyId());
>
>however, after the redirect to the Servlet (which is what is actually
>protected by Apache, so the first place the the REMOTE_USER is
>available), that does not work, since it's a different httpRequest. I
>don't see any other way to access the SP entityID from there.

LoginContext loginContext = HttpServletHelper.getLoginContext(
HttpServletHelper.getStorageService(getServletContext()),
getServletContext(), request);

>Really, I think I want to do this later, after attribute resolution,
>because then I can just look to see if any of the LDAP attributes were
>resolved, then act based on that.

You can't do anything afterwards, that's already after returning control,
you have to mock up a resolution yourself and rely on caching to avoid it
costing you a lot to do it again.