shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] will installer use ant ?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] will installer use ant ?

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] will installer use ant ?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:10:29 -0500

If we're going to consider a Maven-based approach, one idea I'd suggest
is that we should look at supporting Maven WAR overlays, at least for
the war build portion. The CAS project uses that for their stuff, and
when I looked at it a while ago, it seemed pretty nice for certain
things, like allowing people maintain a customized web.xml. It also
might be a good way to support IdP plugins without requiring people to
maintain the extensions in the IdP dist directory itself.