shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Non persistent cookies and the centralized discovery service

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Non persistent cookies and the centralized discovery service

  • From: "Cantor, Scott E." <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Non persistent cookies and the centralized discovery service
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 19:06:51 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> My immediate instinct is that would really help the usability of
> centralized DS,
> potentially at the cost of SP's which do
> (multi-IdP) attribute aggregation (and who I'd assume would need to do their
> own discovery), but I'd like to get your input...

My only comment is that one of the continued debates is over whether users
(meaning nobody who would be on this list) actually care about this, or in
fact find it even more confusing to end up sent to a particular IdP in some
cases but prompted in others. The consistency argument is that it's better to
just be uniform in what you give the user in each case, even at the cost of
an extra click.