shibboleth-dev - [Shib-Dev] New Site Infrastructure Request for Initial Feedback

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

[Shib-Dev] New Site Infrastructure Request for Initial Feedback

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Shib-Dev] New Site Infrastructure Request for Initial Feedback
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 07:45:23 -0500

We are in the process of bring up the new infrastructure for the Shibboleth project. The new services will live at shibboleth.net and will include the main website, SVN repository, Nexus maven repository, Confluence Wiki, Jira issue tracking, and eventually TestShib.

Most of this stuff is already installed and configured but not necessarily publicly visible or up all the time. However I'd like to get some initial feedback from people. Following are a list of questions, related to wiki.shibboleth.net, that I'd like to ask people to answer. It should only take about 10 minutes.

- Does the initial page load seem to load faster for you than the current Shibboleth wiki? I'm just looking for a subjective feel and a yes/no answer.

- Do subsequent page loads seem faster? Again, just a subjective feel.

- The documentation now uses a layout that puts a hierarchical page nav bar on the left side of the screen. See here[1] for an example. Do you like this?

- The search box should now search only within the particular wiki that you're within (instead of the whole server). Please do a search and on the results page ensure the "Where" drop down, on the right side of the screen, is the wiki from which you did the search. If not, please identify which wiki, browser, version, and OS you're on.

- If you would be interested in hosting a mirror of either the Shibboleth downloads site or subversion repository please let me know. I expect such mirrors to be open to the public.

And some other notes about the infrastructure:
- We also have a Shibbolized Jira.

- The discovery service is currently being skinned so it's likely to be down. Therefore, if you click on the wiki log in link you'll probably end up at an unresponsive server.

- If the discovery service happens to be up, or you know how to form proper SP session initiation URLs, you still probably won't be able to log in since the wiki is not yet registered in various federations. We're doing that now but it's the holiday season so it may take a week or two.

And if you have any other feedback, feel free to send it.

[1] https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/EDS10/Embedded+Discovery+Service

--
Chad La Joie
http://itumi.biz

  • [Shib-Dev] New Site Infrastructure Request for Initial Feedback, Chad La Joie, 12/30/2010