shibboleth-dev - [Shib-Dev] IDP Memcached StorageService implementation

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

[Shib-Dev] IDP Memcached StorageService implementation

  • From: Rui Silva <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [Shib-Dev] IDP Memcached StorageService implementation
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:09:56 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to write a Memcached based implementation of an IDP
StorageService, to be able to run idp in 2 servers, without using Terracota.

I am running into trouble after the user authenticates successfully,
right after attribute filtering:

11:55:19.784 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.filtering.provider.ShibbolethAttributeFilteringEngine:101]
- Removing attribute from return set, no more values: eduPersonPrincipalName
11:55:19.784 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.filtering.provider.ShibbolethAttributeFilteringEngine:101]
- Removing attribute from return set, no more values: principal_name
11:55:19.784 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.filtering.provider.ShibbolethAttributeFilteringEngine:106]
- Filtered attributes for principal
.
The following
attributes remain: [mail, transientID, name, logoutURL, contactMail,
primaryid]
11:55:19.793 - ERROR
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.profile.ProfileRequestDispatcherServlet:88]
- Error occured while processing request
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at
edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.authn.LoginContext.getAuthenticationMethod(LoginContext.java:176)
[shibboleth-identityprovider-2.1.5-slo7.jar:na]

If in the internal.xml i change from my Storage Service to the
EventingMapBasedStorageService, everything works ok. So the problem is
with my implementation of the StorageService. Maybe some object I am
persisting on memcache is not serializable.

Have anyone tried something similar? With success? Is there any other
way to have two idp using a StorageService that stores data in a central
repository?

Rui Silva

  • [Shib-Dev] IDP Memcached StorageService implementation, Rui Silva, 12/16/2010