shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Consent Engine Work

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Consent Engine Work

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] [IdPv3] Consent Engine Work
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:10:39 -0600

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Halm Reusser

> If a user checks such a
> box, it should mean "I accept that these attributes, which are listed
> above, including exact those values" might be released to every other
> service provider I access in the future". This is straight and clean.

As long as there's a configuration option to disable this feature,
that's fine. (I'd be inclined to disable this "feature.")

> This implies, the user has to confirm the attribute release again, if
> he access an already visited or new service provider and
>
>  ... attributes, on which he did not give "global consent",
>     will be released.
>
>  ... attributes, on which he did give "global consent",
>     but the values have changed will be released.

Are you suggesting that global consent be applied on an
attribute-by-attribute basis? That doesn't seem like the correct
granularity. Have you looked at the Cardspace metaphor recently? (I
haven't, but I wonder if it applies here.)

Just my 2 cents worth,

Tom