shibboleth-dev - [Shib-Dev] simplified config files

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

[Shib-Dev] simplified config files

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Shib-Dev] simplified config files
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 20:51:40 -0700

Something I haven't seen mentioned, and it may be generally known, is that
when working with simplified xml files people seem to think that everything
is insensitive to case.

We have another application, where I explain that i can figure out which type
of member an identifier is, but, if someone wants to specify it directly, one
can include the attribute: type="uwnetid", or type="group", etc. A sampling
of what I get:

type="UWNetID"
type="UWNETID"
Type="id"
type="Group"

It is as though people think I am personally reading each of these
submissions.

Jim