shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Dynamic Metadata Provider for IdP

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Dynamic Metadata Provider for IdP

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Dynamic Metadata Provider for IdP
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 12:53:39 -0400

> sounds nice, does it support hash transformations and other stuff like
> the ones described in [1]?
>
> [1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lajoie-md-query-00

I guess it's a question more for people with server implementions of that
protocol, or who plan on having them, but is that feature needed in the
client end, or just a nice to have? It seems to say that responders MUST
support MD5 and SHA1, but doesn't say that the requester MUST.

I confess I don't know that I understand the purpose of doing this in most
situations. URL encoding is pretty routine stuff, size isn't much of a
concern, etc.

Do you have a use case?