shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] OpenID and Shibboleth

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] OpenID and Shibboleth

  • From: "Paul B. Hill" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] OpenID and Shibboleth
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:02:56 -0400

We had such a gateway for a couple of years at MIT. Once a quarter we would have one person that used OpenId to authenticate. Until the week before we turned off the feature, it was always traced down to one of three IS&T employees running a quick test. The one external user that used the feature used it exactly once. We've had no complaints since we shut it off.

Paul