shibboleth-dev - [Shib-Dev] OpenID and Shibboleth

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

[Shib-Dev] OpenID and Shibboleth

  • From: "Russell J. Yount" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>, "'Russell Yount'" <>
  • Subject: [Shib-Dev] OpenID and Shibboleth
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:22:25 -0400

Brendan,

On the Shibboleth Developers Call today I brought up using OpenID for Low Level Assurance accounts for  parental accounts and preadmission students.  Specifically at Carnegie Mellon we have been looking at using a Shibboleth IdP as a gateway for providing OpenID authentication for a limited number of campus services.

USC was brought up as another University that had been looking into OpenID and your name was mentioned as a contact. If you have the time to provide any information on the success or failure of the project and any possible lessons learned I would greatly appreciate it.

I have cc’ed the Shibboleth Developers list as there are others on it who would also be interested in hearing of USC OpenID experience.

Thanks

-Russ

Russell J. Yount

Systems Architect