shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] New IdP v2.2 Snapshot Available

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] New IdP v2.2 Snapshot Available

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] New IdP v2.2 Snapshot Available
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:05:01 -0400

Turn on debug logging for org.opensaml.saml2.metadata and see what it says.

On 6/18/10 4:36 PM, Jim Fox wrote:

Thanks, the

authenticationType="external"

worked.

It seems now that my local metadata expires as soon as it is loaded. I get:

Metadata document does not contain an EntityDescriptor with
the ID https://urizen2.cac.washington.edu/

Metadata document contained an EntityDescriptor with the ID
https://urizen2.cac.washington.edu/, but it was no longer valid

on the very first request after the idp starts.

Earlier in the log I see:

Expiration of metadata from '/usr/local/idp/metadata/UW-rp-metadata.xml'
will occur at 2010-06-19T00:26:33.745Z

which would be in about two or three hours. Shouldn't be yet.

I've tried setting the RefreshDelays and even

requireValidMetadata="false"

Is there a default "expire metadata on load" option that I'm failing to
reset?

Jim

--
Chad La Joie