shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Passing delegated credentials

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Passing delegated credentials

  • From: "Josh Howlett" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: "Josh Howlett" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Passing delegated credentials
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:35:03 +0100

> We're looking into extending Shibboleth to provide the
> ability to pass delegated credentials from the IdP to an SP.
>
> Specifically, we would like to be able to pass WS-Security
> assertions or Kerberos 5 tickets, so that the SP can then use
> those credentials to authenticte to another service.

Does this help?

http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-attribute-ker
beros-cd-01.pdf

If you need something that acts more like a web service, I am also in
the process of profiling this with the WS SAML Token Profile (so that
the SAML Token in the context is a SAML assertion containing an
attribute statement encapsulating a Kerberos service ticket).

I would be very happy to discuss your use-case offline, as I'm keen to
ensure that this work corresponds to requirements.

josh.