shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] uApprove + IdP 3.x

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] uApprove + IdP 3.x

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] uApprove + IdP 3.x
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:18:12 +0100

On 3/19/10 1:13 PM, Kristof BAJNOK wrote:
> Seriously, I can imagine some filtering rule that could check the uApprove
> database and throw an exception if user consent is needed. The uApprove
> could then process this, display the consent screen (or fail on back-
> channel) and redo the whole attribute resolution and filtering on success.

Consent is not filtering, so there won't be any filtering rules.

> Why I'm coming up with this is because our federation is undergoing a wide
> privacy analysis. If I can't promise that the back-channel privacy thing
> will be handled at some time, I'd be forced to remove the AA endpoints from
> the metadata. Therefore progressing towards persistent nameids would be
> pointless.

Persistent NameIDs has nothing to do with whether you do attribute
queries. If your federation is moving in a direction where it will
*require* the user to consent to attribute releases then by definition
you can not do back-channel releases.

--
Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz