shibboleth-dev - IdP 2.2.0 Snapshot Release

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

IdP 2.2.0 Snapshot Release

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: IdP 2.2.0 Snapshot Release
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:31:22 -0500

I have placed a snapshot release of IdP 2.2.0 up on the Internet2 site. Individuals who were having various LDAP issues should pull this version and test it out.

http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/downloads/shibboleth/idp/2.2.0/shibboleth-identityprovider-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip

I'll highlight a few things changed, or bugs fixed, in this release.

- upgrade to vt-ldap 3 which should fix the connection pooling issues some people were seeing as well as do some other nice things which you can read about here: https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/vtldap3Upgrade

- exposing of the actual LoginException to the login.jsp so that error messages can be customized using information from the exception

- switch to ISO8601 duration notation for all time values with in the IdP config. You'll see warning messages in your log when you start up about the old numerical values being deprecated and what the corresponding ISO8601 notation should be.

If you were having LDAP problems before, *please* test this release

--
Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz