shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Authentication using Shibboleth to an stand alone application.

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Authentication using Shibboleth to an stand alone application.

  • From: "Paul B. Hill" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Authentication using Shibboleth to an stand alone application.
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 13:56:10 -0500

Although I think this thread belongs on the shibboleth-users list instead of the shibboleth-dev list, I am aware of at least one commercial application which uses the Apache HTTP Client (http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/) to simulate a web browser. The application has been successfully used with Shibboleth.

Paul

Caio Honda wrote:
Hi,
Im new on the group, my name is Caio, student of Computer Science and making Scientific initiations, and one of my goals is to make an application stand alone authenticate using Shibboleth. To make it, i'v been studying Shibbloeth and would like to know if the group could give me some help. And if im going on the right way, and what to study. So, thought about simulate a browser or something and make requests like an usual browser.
The scenary is basically, a client within a Web container, that are web applications such as servlets or PHP scripts, can use its container to redirect users to the application that need to do, then make them authenticate there using their local federation procedures. My question is..Is there some application already done that do this, or any better choice to make this authentication?

Thank from now, and apologize for any inconvenience.
--
Att,