shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Implementing service provider

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Implementing service provider

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Implementing service provider
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:10:55 +0200

Here is the page containing the list of SAML profiles supported by the IdP:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/ShibProtocols

So, you'll need to refer to the SAML specification and implement whichever profiles you need. You won't find help on this list for how you write your own code. This list is for people developing the Shibboleth software. If you have general SAML questions you should send those to the SAML mailing list.

In general I would recommend not trying to implement custom SPs. It's a lot of work and there are already a number of them out there that you could use.

wrote:
Indeed, I wanted to know where to start if I wanted to develop my Service Provider to interact with Shibboleth IdP. The fact is that we have several web applications in heterogeneous environments and for some there will need to develop a custom SP. I should write a document which provides guidelines on how an SP should be developed and the specific and the technologies to use. Thanks

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities