shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] testshib2 cert Q

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] testshib2 cert Q

  • From: Peter Schober <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] testshib2 cert Q
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:36:55 +0200

Unless it's about development of Shib code this should probably go to
the shibboleth-users list.

* Alistair Young
<>
[2009-08-31 10:51]:
> I have a Q about testshib2 I hope you could help with. Registering an SP
> with a real cert, no intermediate and with a self signed cert all work
> fine. However, if the cert is signed by a dummy CA, even although the
> full cert chain is put on the wire by the SP, it always gets unknown_ca
> back. Is this how testshib works - only accepting self signed or real
> certs?

I've never used anything but the explicit key trust model, but did you
look at the wiki, esp. the second link below?

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/MetadataKeyDescriptor
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/PKIXTrustEngine
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/ExplicitKeyTrustEngine

Cheers,
-peter

  • testshib2 cert Q, Alistair Young, 08/31/2009
    • Re: [Shib-Dev] testshib2 cert Q, Peter Schober, 08/31/2009