shibboleth-dev - testshib2 cert Q

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

testshib2 cert Q

  • From: Alistair Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: testshib2 cert Q
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:50:28 +0100

Hi folks,

I have a Q about testshib2 I hope you could help with. Registering an SP with a real cert, no intermediate and with a self signed cert all work fine. However, if the cert is signed by a dummy CA, even although the full cert chain is put on the wire by the SP, it always gets unknown_ca back. Is this how testshib works - only accepting self signed or real certs?

There's nothing in the testshib log about the cert refusal and it goes through attribute resolving process though not sure whether that's due to the SSO - does it wait until an AA request before resolving attributes or does it do that during SSO?

Also, how best to represent the trust chain in the testshib metadata for a real cert with intermediates - do they all go in:
KeyDescriptor/KeyInfo/X509Data/
X509Certificate subject
X509Certificate intermediate
X509Certificate root