shibboleth-dev - No MetaData Provider Available

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

No MetaData Provider Available

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: No MetaData Provider Available
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:47:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am new to Shib and currently testing a service provider (Shib 2.2) against
Test Shib. However, there is an error coming up when accessing the secure
resource.

Error is 'No MetaDataProvider Available'.

Log file contents are as follow.

2009-06-23 09:20:10 INFO OpenSAML.MetadataProvider.XML : loaded XML resource
(http://www.testshib.org/metadata/testshib-two-metadata.xml)
2009-06-23 09:20:11 ERROR OpenSAML.MetadataProvider.XML : metadata intance
failed manual schema validation checking: AttributeAuthorityDescriptor must
have at least one AttributeService.
2009-06-23 09:20:12 CRIT Shibboleth.Application : error building/initializing
MetadataProvider: Metadata instance failed manual schema validation checking.

Seems like metadata file validation is failing. Any idea, what is wrong? Any
help will be greatly appreciated as I have been stuck on this problem for
last 4 hours.

UPDATE:

I have uninstalled 2.2 and installed 2.1. It has started to work. Any idea,
what am I doing differently in 2.2 that is causing this error?

Regards,

Farooq