shibboleth-dev - Velocity requestContext

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Velocity requestContext

  • From: Giuseppe Fiameni <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Velocity requestContext
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:02:49 +0200 (MEST)

Dear all,
I am implementing a new LoginHandler which aims to authenticate
users using different authentication mechanisms.

Since the attribute resolver process might be also influenced
depending on the chosen authentication mechanism, I need to
pass a new parameter, other than the principal, to the
attribute-resolver configuration file.

What I would like to do is to access information regarding the
authentication mechanism as I usually do with the principalName
($requestContext.principalName).

Do I need to modify the velocity template or there exists a simpler
approach ?

Many thanks for you help.

Best regards,
Giuseppe

  • Velocity requestContext, Giuseppe Fiameni, 06/23/2009