shibboleth-dev - IDP Build Problem

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

IDP Build Problem

  • From: <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: IDP Build Problem
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:22:37 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

I am trying to debug a problem I am having with the current IDP, and I haven't built it from source since the ant build and zip distro, and apparently I am failing to get maven to work right.  I am following the instructions on this page:

The opensaml2 stuff seems to build fine (no errors and it says it copies it into the local repository).  When I try to execute the the maven build for the IDP I get the following error:

--------------------------
Missing:
----------
1) org.opensaml:opensaml:jar:2.2.4
  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.opensaml -DartifactId=opensaml -Dversion=2.2.4 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.opensaml -DartifactId=opensaml -Dversion=2.2.4 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
  Path to dependency:
        1) edu.internet2.middleware:shibboleth-common:jar:1.1.3
        2) org.opensaml:opensaml:jar:2.2.4

I tried executing the command recommended in the error message above, and I no longer get the above error, but then I get java compile errors related to not being able to find the opensaml libraries (which means the above fix only tricks Maven, but the root problem remains).  I looked at the developer's list archives and saw that someone else had almost this exact error, but then they followed up that the problem fixed itself...  I have tried deleting my repository and redownloading/building about 5 times with no such luck.  I suspect my problem is somehow tied to my general cluelessness about Maven, but I am not having much luck figuring this out.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff