shibboleth-dev - Question regarding some of the unsupported Linux variants

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Question regarding some of the unsupported Linux variants

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Question regarding some of the unsupported Linux variants
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 17:29:48 -0400

If you have a moment, could the folks running the SP on one of the
unsupported/non-RedHat Linux variants (Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE, etc.) take a
quick look at their build and see if the macro HAVE_GOOD_STL is defined in
the xmltooling/config.h or config_pub.h headers?

I'm looking for cases where it's not defined. I'm contemplating expanding
the use of something that would create some issues on platforms with an
older gcc version that isn't used much anymore, but I'm not sure it's
totally unused yet. I think I have a workaround for those platforms, but no
test case at the moment.