shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] OpenSSL 0.9.8j and Tomcat

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] OpenSSL 0.9.8j and Tomcat

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] OpenSSL 0.9.8j and Tomcat
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:40:43 -0500

Kaspar Brand wrote on 2009-02-05:
> They now disable the ticket extension by default (through OpenSSL's
> SSL_OP_NO_TICKET option).

Ok, that gave me the work-around I needed. I've manually overridden this
option in all cases, regardless of what libcurl does, so the versions of the
libraries shouldn't matter with the next version of the SP.

According to the threads I found, the bug also affects some non-Java
servers, including some older openssl versions (thus, Apache/mod_ssl).