shibboleth-dev - Shib Build Problems

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Shib Build Problems

  • From: Mike Carter <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Shib Build Problems
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:48:09 -0700 (MST)

Hello All;

I'm relatively new to Shib and I'm attempting a build on Solaris 10 x86 and
am having some compile issues with the SP. Nate suggested I pose my question
to this list.

Here are the specifics:

Solaris 10 x86 Update 6, aka 10/2008
Sun cc/c++ version 5.9
Gnu make version 3.80

I successfully (I believe) built all of the packages required for SP including
a local rebuild of Apache 2 using the build notes on the I2 pages. I'm
configuring shibboleth-2.1 as follows:

./configure \
--enable-apache-20 \
--with-openssl=/opt/shibboleth-sp \
--with-log4shib=/opt/shibboleth-sp \
--with-xerces=/opt/shibboleth-sp \
--with-xmlsec=/opt/shibboleth-sp \
--with-xmltooling=/opt/shibboleth-sp \
--with-saml=/opt/shibboleth-sp \
--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs \
--prefix=/opt/shibboleth-sp \
-C

with these environment variables:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/shibboleth-sp/lib
CC=cc
CXX=CC
CFLAGS=-xO2
CXXFLAGS=-xO2 -library=Cstd,Crun
LDFLAGS=-lz

The make chugs along fine until XMLAttributeFilter.cpp has some issues which
appear related to a Sun c++ issue. I did see that this source was pretty
recently modified (August 2008.) The config.log and results of the make
can be found here: http://spot.colorado.edu/~carter/shib/ as I was not able
to send them to the list due to size restrictions.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

--
Mike Carter
Information Technology Services