shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] sp requests specific authn method

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] sp requests specific authn method

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] sp requests specific authn method
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 20:36:05 -0800

Thanks, Guess I ought to check jira more often,

Jim

On Dec 19, 2008, at 6:50 PM, Scott Cantor wrote:

If my SP requests a specific authn method, say "uw.token", and there is
already a previous session at the IdP, although with a different method,
the
IdP lets the previous session handler process the request. Thus the login
is by a different method than what was requested. The only way really get
the right login handler seems to be to request forceAuthn at the same
time.
Is this the desired action?

No, it's a fixed bug.

https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/SIDP-257