shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] idp's ispassive response

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] idp's ispassive response

  • From: "Jim Fox" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] idp's ispassive response
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:01:48 -0800

There seems to be no way for a login handler to return a status of NoPassive.
The handler's login servlet, the servlet that first gets the remote user
variable (like RemoteUserAuthnServlet), appears to have only one exit: the
returnToAuthenticationEngine of the distributed AuthenticationEngine class.
But that method never looks for anything but the principal name - everything
else is a 'no user' error. How can I, after a loop through Pubcookie, set up
a NoPassive response from the IdP?

Jim