shibboleth-dev - dependency issue with mvn

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

dependency issue with mvn

  • From: "Jim Fox" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: dependency issue with mvn
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:26:25 -0800

I have a namespace handler that defines NAMESPACE for my login handler.  Also have a bean definition parser that references that string:

   … new QName(mynamespacehandler.NAMESPACE, “mylogin”);

If I change the definition of NAMESPACE and run “mvn install” the bean definition parser doesn’t get recompiled.  I have to manually touch the dependent sources.  Is there a way to have maven know about dependencies?  Or, lacking that, should I just do “mvn clean” always?

Jim

  • dependency issue with mvn, Jim Fox, 12/17/2008