shibboleth-dev - Chaining login handler

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Chaining login handler

  • From: "Slansky Lukas" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Chaining login handler
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 13:38:31 +0100

I’m trying to implement IdP chaining login handler as a shib extension (http://idp.upce.cz/shibboleth-chainingloginhandler-0.1.zip). But I’m stuck in parsing the configuration. I think that the problem is in using Spring but I’m really not familiar with Spring Framework so the code is really…not good :-)

When I use the attached handler.xml (http://idp.upce.cz/handler.xml) I get the error:

“[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.config.BaseService:187] - Configuration was not loaded for shibboleth.HandlerManager service, error creating components.  The root cause of this error was: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 'beanName' must not be empty”

Is there somebody who is eager to help me with this? Or with the concept of chaining login handler?

Thanks, Lukas