shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.2 Roadmap drives OpenSAML roadmap?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.2 Roadmap drives OpenSAML roadmap?

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.2 Roadmap drives OpenSAML roadmap?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:16:37 -0400

Scott Cantor wrote:
> As a general rule, I think anything that can be pushed down gets pushed
> down, and the usual dividing line is profiles vs. everything else.

Speaking for the Java/IdP side, that's pretty much true as well. We try
and push everything down as low in the stack as it can logically go.
Glancing at the roadmap, there are several obvious things that will
logically be implemented in java-opensaml2 or even in java-openws or
java-xmltooling.

If you have a question about some specific items, Chad or I can probably
give you a rough idea of where it will get implemented.

--Brent