shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.2 Roadmap drives OpenSAML roadmap?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.2 Roadmap drives OpenSAML roadmap?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth 2.2 Roadmap drives OpenSAML roadmap?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:26:17 -0400

> A general question re the recently released Shibboleth 2.2 Roadmap:
> Is there new functionality that will be pushed down into OpenSAML as a
> by-product of the proposed Shib 2.2 roadmap? If so, can you elaborate
> on the resulting OpenSAML Roadmap? (If you prefer I redirect this
> question to the OpenSAML mailing list, that's fine, just let me know.)

Speaking for myself, I don't decide where to do something until I implement
it and figure out where it belongs.

I'm working on fixing some of the (ultimately hopeless) support for CRLs in
the code now, and it's mostly in xmltooling, for example, but I jump around
as needed.

As a general rule, I think anything that can be pushed down gets pushed
down, and the usual dividing line is profiles vs. everything else.