shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth on IIS without ASAPI?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth on IIS without ASAPI?

  • From: Peter Williams <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth on IIS without ASAPI?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 07:35:46 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Shib sessions can be initiated on a standalone server (in the dmz, say) by
the application website redirectin to the appropriate invocation url. The
protocol run lands back at the target url, or a shib error handler.

The ap must now test for the shib session (and collect attributes).

This tends to require some trust concept, such as trusted subsystem designs.