shibboleth-dev - RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth on IIS without ASAPI?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth on IIS without ASAPI?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Shib-Dev] Shibboleth on IIS without ASAPI?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:28:31 -0400

> I appreciate the scope of SAML is huge, but do you have any experience
> in emulating the ISAPI (Sorry on spelling!) filter with scripts
> (ASP/VBScript)?

No, I don't.

> I'm currently lost without a starting point, so if you could suggest any
> online resources where I might be able to work out or find examples,
> I'd greately appreciate it!

The only pointers I have are the technical specifications involved and the
source code itself. Beyond that, you'll have to ask specific questions. I
can't answer open-ended inquiries like "help me implement SAML".

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/TechnicalSpecs

> Surely it can't be difficult to create a few sessions anyhow, I just
> need to know all the details of what those sessions will be.

Then you're probably going to have to read the specifications.

Unless you have specific knowledge of the features you don't need, there's
nothing else I can do to help you limit the scope of the effort. I can say
that it's a mistake to build something that interoperates only with older
Shibboleth versions, but supporting SAML 2.0 is much more work.