shibboleth-dev - RE: SP 1.3f Q

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: SP 1.3f Q

  • From: "Alistair Young" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: RE: SP 1.3f Q
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:20:11 +0100 (BST)

> older xmlsec library instead of 1.4
I used xmlsec-1.3.1 as it was listed in the source rpms for 1.3f. It's not
me that's seeing the problem though, it's live production 1.3f
installations in the uk federation. So I'm trying to replicate it locally,
to see if I can work out what's wrong.

> That sounds fairly definitive for your purposes
if only! The rest of the world is using 1.3f, unsupported or not.

> Still would be nice to know why it's not working though.
I'll let you know if I find out. I need to pursue this as the UK
Federation makes extensive use of 1.3f I believe. Presumably the I2 IdP
doesn't have the interop problem. Then again, it all seemed to happen
after I renewed the IdP's server cert, which the IdP also uses for signing

I'm hoping I can tweak our IdP to get round the 1.3f stuff, otherwise,
well, no-one is going to upgrade to 1.3.1 anytime soon.

Alistair

--
mov eax,1
mov ebx,0