shibboleth-dev - RE: SP 1.3f Q

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: SP 1.3f Q

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: SP 1.3f Q
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:06:19 -0400

> I eventually built 1.3f from source on OS X. While I'm rummaging, does
> anyone have any pointers that could help me along? Our IdP worked ok
> with SP 1.2.1, and it works ok with 1.3.1 and 2.0.0 but it seems to
> not work with 1.3f. The SP always reports the error "unable to verify
> signed profile response".

The xml security code is most likely the same unless you built 1.3f with the
older xmlsec library instead of 1.4. If that's the case, then I suppose
that's the most likely culprit.

> I've sampled the signed SAML coming from the
> IdP and run it through a verifier here and it's fine. 1.3.1 and 2.0.0
> verify the signature fine too. I think it's just 1.3f that won't
> verify it.

That sounds fairly definitive for your purposes. But if it were a bug on
this end, it's not getting fixed. 1.3.1 is the only supported version on
that branch. That's probably the fix.

Still would be nice to know why it's not working though.